Monday 31 July 2017

REVIEW: Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream

~AG~

The award-winning Water Bank Essence has been my skincare moisturizer for over two years. However, prior to the wedding, my skin started feeling tight and dry even after application of Water Bank Essence. Decided to layer on another moisturizer with the Water Bank Essence for added hydration. Laneige Water Bank line was a safe choice for me as my sensitive skin does not have adverse effects to their products. The product that I bought was the Water Bank Gel Cream (S$52). One tub contains 50 ml of gel cream. 

This gel-type moisturiser infused with Winter Cypress Polysaccharide Extracts restores your skin cells and cools irritated skin. This product is one of Laneige’s Water Bank series, formulated with Hydro Ion Mineral Water, Quinoa extract, Olive Squalane and Tilansia Extract. It provides rich hydration for your skin throughout the day. Water Bank Gel Cream_Ex is a reliable product for sensitive skin or if you desire firmer and youthful skin.

Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream claims to soothe skin redness caused by dry conditions, controls excess sebum, and to prevent clogged pores. This all sounds good for someone with sensitive and recently dehydrated skin that is prone to breakout. During a beauty roadshow, a test of my skin hydration level revealed it to be at 10% only. I was horrified to find out the results. The numerous hours spent in an air-conditioned office and sleeping the whole night with the AC has taken a toll on my skin. Previously, my skin type was combination skin with oily T-zones. But now my skin has changed to become a dry skin type. 

Been using the Gel Cream for over three weeks now. After facial cleansing and toner, I apply Water Bank Essence all over my face. Once my skin has fully absorbed the Water Bank Essence, a pea-sized amount of Laneige Gel Cream will be applied. Since my cheeks area tend to feel tight, I usually apply an extra layer of the Gel Cream on the dehydrated areas. 

Laneige Gel Cream has a nice gel texture that feels lightweight on the skin. Even though I layer the Water Bank Essence and Gel Cream on my skin, it does not feel sticky or greasy at all. My sensitive skin did not have any allergic reaction after using the Gel Cream. * thumbs up* I would recommend the Water Bank Essence and Gel Cream combination for those with dry skin. For those with oily or normal skin type, you can just apply the Water Bank Essence or Gel Cream, as I have previously. Another tip: If you are traveling soon or have a friend traveling soon, please ask them to help you buy your Laneige products from the Duty Free at Changi Airport. It costs only $44.70 at Duty Free, giving up a total savings of $7.30

No comments:

Post a Comment