Saturday 21 September 2013

REVIEW: Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defense


 





 Daily protection against 90% of skin aging


An oil-free, fragrance-free, colorant-free lightweight formula that provides broad-spectrum protection against 90% skin aging.





Ingredients:
  • Avobenzone, also known by its trademarked name, Parsol® 1789, is the most commonly used chemical sunscreen today. On the FDA’s Category I sunscreen list, it offers broad-range UVA protection and helps protect the skin against the harmful effects of sun exposure which can cause premature skin aging.
  • Octisalate (Octyl Salicylate) is a time-tested, effective sunscreen ingredient which augments UVB protection.
  • Octocrylene is a premium UVB sunscreen that is water resistant and has a broad-band absorbent range

~AG~

I’ve been using this sunscreen since June. Instead of sticking to Shiseido’s line of sunscreens which I have been using for years, I decided to try something new. I wanted a lightweight sunscreen that will provide broad spectrum sun protection. Since Singapore is a humid and tropical place, my combination skin needed a sunscreen that will not feel thick and greasy. For an everyday sunscreen, I usually pick products with SPF 30 and above.
So, I was happy to find this product - it is both lightweight and provides sun protection above SPF 30. I bought the one that comes in a 30 ml package, but they do have a larger-sized version. The 30ml version is handy to have in your travel makeup bag. About the product itself, it absorbs quickly into the skin after application. It does not leave an oily residue, even at the end of the day. My sensitive skin did not have adverse reactions to this product - no red bumps or pimples because of it. Yay!
Overall, I’m liking it product and will recommend it.


~MG~

I took my other sister's Kiehl's sunscreen and tried it out because AG has been giving it thumbs up and I was looking for a sunscreen replacement of my Hada Labo's 'UV Moist Emulsion SPF50+ PA++".
Got to admit that it is really good! At first, I was abit skeptical and scared of its consistency because it is cream form and not in fluid which I preferred. I have oily skin so I tend to stay away from creamy sunscreen and plus my cheeks occasionally get dry so fluid type works better since it blends well with my flakey cheeks.
Prior to my Hada Labo, I was using the Kiehl's 'Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+' which is good, lighter than my Hada Labo. This Kiehl's 'Ultra Light' is better than 'Super Fluid' because it is really ultra light and by using it, you are helping with the noise pollution (and saving your energy and the embarrassment when you are shaking the bottle loudly to reapply your sunscreen, with people around you) because you don't have to shake the bottle before using it. I sure don't mind purchasing my own 'Ultra Light' bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment