Wednesday 12 February 2014

A New Use for Bioderma

~AG~

I'm so excited to share this new tip that I found.

Cleaning my makeup brushes have never been an priority on my to-do list.
I maybe wash my brushes once every three months with baby shampoo. I know it sounds disgusting, But I am too lazy to take the time to wash my brushes weekly or even monthly.

The other day when I was looking at my dual-ended Beauty of Essence concealer and foundation brush, I saw that there were noticeable residue left on it. It was in need of some cleaning. I didn't have time to soak it in the baby shampoo mixture. So, I decided to try to use my Bioderma Sebium to spot clean my brush. Since Bioderma is very effective in removing makeup and also designed for sensitive skin, I thought there will be no harm on using it on my makeup brushes.

There are special makeup brushes cleaning spray on the market that can be bought to spot clean makeup brushes. However, I find that those cleaning sprays contain alcohol which is not good for the makeup brushes as well as for my sensitive skin. The makeup brushes cleaning spray that I tried before was from ELF.

When I clean my makeup brushes using baby shampoo, I have to soak it in shampoo for a while and then meticulously sweep the brush in a criss-cross motion to remove any makeup residue. However, with the Bioderma, I just have to soak a piece of tissue with Bioderma and then sweep the brush head across. Instantly, the makeup residue will be transferred to the tissue. I did this twice and my makeup brush looked cleaner. I was pleasantly amazed.

Sometimes, even after washing my makeup brushes with baby shampoo, I still find that there will be makeup residue left. Spot cleaning with Bioderma is a more effective way to remove those makeup residue.

This is a convenient and effective way to spot clean your makeup brushes for lazy people like me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment