Saturday 26 April 2014

REVIEW: Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Color in Peregrina (78)




~AG~

A modern interpretation of classic creme lip colour as an homage to the rich life and legacy of 'Coco' Chanel. Lightweight lip colour glides on for easy application, and features a Hydratendre complex to help soften, soothe and condition lips - even boosting their ability to hold in moisture -for a plumper, smoother and healthier-looking appearance. A range of wearable shades with full-coverage finishes, from matte to pearl to soft shimmer.

I actually bought this Rogue Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Color two years ago. I wanted a nude lip color that will not make me look too washed out. Because it was too beautiful, I have only used it once or twice. After trying quite a few of Chanel Coco Rogue, the saleslady suggested Peregrina (78) which is a coral nude shade. I liked how it looked on my yellow-beige skintone. 

Recently, I have decided to start using it. It is a wearable shade that is great for everyday use. The texture of the lipstick is rather dry, so I usually apply my Rosebud Salve lip balm before the application of the lipstick. The picture shows just one swipe of the lipstick on top of my lip balm, it has a rather sheer texture. Without the lip balm, it has a semi-matte finish.  It retails for USD $35 which is pricy for a lipstick. I do like the shade but I do not like the dry texture and the fact that it is not very pigmented. The staying power is average - 2 or 3 hours. It wears off when eating and drinking. To sum it up, I will not re-purchase Chanel Coco Rogue Hydrating Creme Lip Color because they are more affordable and more pigmented lipstick in the market. 




No comments:

Post a Comment