Sunday 21 June 2015

Korean Beauty Products Haul - Face Products

~AG~

Korean stars are famous for their flawless and luminous skin. Korea is a country where BB Creams, CC Creams and CC Cushions are must-haves. So, without any question, I had to buy some base makeup to bring back to sunny Singapore. My makeup collection is lacking of base makeup. There are only a few products that I use consistently - Bourjois Healthy Mix Skin Foundation, Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact and Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer. 

At the top on my shopping list was to find a CC Cushion that will perfectly match my skin tone. Additionally, I also wanted a CC Cream that did not leave my skin looking white or grey. Sounds simple enough? From my past experience, it is tough to find a CC Cushion or CC Cream that match my medium skin tone, since Koreans tend to have fairer skin tone. For shade reference, I am Bourjois Shade 52 (Vanille), MAC NC 30-35, Bobbi Brown Beige (3) and Chanel Beige (10).

Below are the base makeup that I purchased on this trip:


>>> Hera CC Cream (KRW 31,000 = S$38)
This is MG's most raved about CC Cream. Click link for MG's review of Hera CC Cream. She loves it so much because it gives her radiant, flawless skin. It has a heavy pricetag, but it is worth it! People always compliment MG's skin whenever she wears this CC Cream. It is also Allure Korea's 2013 Award Winner for CC Cream.

>>> VDL Metal Foundation (KRW 27,800 = S$34)
This product was not on my shopping list. While at the VDL store, this metal foundation was placed at the very front. It is their newest product! Being the makeup junkie that I am, I had to try it. When I tried the foundation on my hand, the texture was Grrreeeaaatt! It felt very light and natural. However, I hesitated buying it at first, because I really wanted to buy the Hera CC Cream. On the last day at the airport, I looked high and low for this VDL Metal Foundation. I finally saw the VDL section when I was almost at the gate. This was the very last-minute buy before boarding the plane. I felt so HAPPY afterwards. :)

>>> The Face Shop Velvet Skin Primer (KRW 14,900 = S$18)
This primer accidentally sneaked into my shopping basket. I only realized that I had bought this product when I was unpacking my stuff. This product has a Get It Beauty sticker at The Face Shop store. So, I guess it should not be too bad. I hope it works for my sensitive skin and does not clog my pores *fingers crossed*

>>> The Face Shop Concealer (KRW 10,900 = S$13)
This was my must-buy from The Face Shop because it won Get It Beauty blind test in 2013. Concealer is an essential makeup product for me. I wear it almost everyday to disguise my dark circles, and conceal my blemishes. I hope this affordable concealer works well to hide my imperfections.
 

 
I will do a separate review of each product some time in the near future. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment