Sunday 14 June 2015

REVIEW: VDL Expert Color Lip Cube EX in Tease You

~AG~

Mentioned about this product in a previous post. http://beautyloverssisters.blogspot.sg/2015/05/to-buy-vdl-expert-color-lip-cube-ex.html

This was my beauty must-buy while in Korea. Currently, this is my #1 product! It is a lipstick shaped especially for careful application. The long and sleek packaging looks different that typical lipstick. The triangle-shaped lipstick applies the product precisely on the edges of the lips and cupid's bow. There was no worries about color going beyond the lip lines. I was impressed with the packaging of the lipstick. It was super GREAT for lipstick application! It was so eassssyyy to use :)

Slim packaging 
Triangle-shaped lipstick

The shade that I chose was Tease You. The shade would be described as pink-red. It is a great pick-me up color to wear on a gloomy day. This particular VDL Lip Cube EX has a more sheer finish. I tried other shades in store and found them to be more matte. VDL Lip Cube EX in Tease You looks natural and flattering. It was fine to apply this lipstick without prior application of lip balm. The lipstick is rather hydrating. You can build up color by applying more coats of the lipstick. This product stays on very well. Mine lasted for about 4 hours, and only disappeared after eating. It is pretty long-wearing.

The pink-red shade swatched on the back of my wrist

Don't mind my sleepy face. Zzzz

The one major thing that I have to WARN you readers about it is that this product has only a uni-directional twist. This means that it only allows for twisting upwards and not downwards. This was a lesson that I had to learn the first time I used it. During the first use, I had twisted the lipstick enthusiastically upwards. When I tried twisting it to go downwards, nothing happened. I thought there was some defect with this particular lipstick. However, after Google-ing about it online, there were reviews stating that it does not twist downwards. I still do not understand why such function does not exist on VDL Lip Cube Ex. It is a mystery to me. I had to push down the lipstick so that it will not be capped off. 
The lipstick chipped off when I tried to push it down

Apart from the flaw in their packaging, I still like this product! The lipstick does not dry out my lips, has a nice pigmentation, and is easy to use. I will recommend this product 100% to you readers you are looking for a fuss-free everyday lipstick. The only thing that forgot was to take note of the price. I think it retailed for KRW 24,000 (~S$30). It is more pricy than regular lipstick but the extra $$ is worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment