Sunday 28 June 2015

REVIEW: Kizuki + Lim Raffles Hotel Arcade


Before.
My hair was long and flat. My fringe was blah and did not flatter my face shape.  

 ~AG~

This is a review of hair salon, Kizuki + Lim Raffles Hotel Arcade branch. This Japanese hair salon was highly recommended by my sister, MG. She had went to this salon for a hair cut a few months back, and has had high praises for it ever since. In another news, both my brothers also go here for their hair cuts. One of their Japanese friends recommended this hair salon to them a few years back.


My haircut appointment was for June 16, 2015. It has been a week since my haircut. The hairstylist that I was assigned to was, Shun, which also was MG's hair stylist. It was pure coincidence, since I did not request for a particular hair stylist. During my phone conversation to book the appointment, I simply mentioned that I would like a hair cut appointment with a senior hair stylist.

Anyway, about Kizuki + Lim Raffles Hotel Arcade branch. The salon itself is unlike another other salon I have been to. The decoration is very Japanese zen. It resembles more of an art gallery than a hair salon. Too bad, I did not have the guts to take pictures of the interior. Maybe on my next visit, I will gather up the courage to take some pictures. Hehe ;)

My hair condition before the hair cut was long and flat, with severe split ends. It had been over 6 months since my last hair cut. It had also been over 9 months since I did the keratin treatment, and my unruly wavy hair was showing obvious signs of reappearance. Shun asked me how short I was wanted to cut my hair. At first, he suggested about 1.5 inches. But I told him that I wanted to cut off more, he recommended that I only cut about 2 inches off. If my hair get shorter than that, it will be very difficult for me to manage it. He also mentioned that he would like to add some layers to my hair. I was a little worried when I heard the word "layers". The wrong type of layers can make my hair looking crazy. But he re-assured me that he was just going to add some layers to the ends. He also recommended a shorter side swept fringe to conceal my high forehead.




















I appreciate Shun's honesty. When I asked him about hair straightening treatment, he recommended against it, since it is an outdated look. He mentioned that nowadays the trend is for natural hair. Other hairstylists would have jumped at the chance to do a pricy hair straightening treatment right then, but Shun did not. He said if I really wanted to, I could do it in two to three months. In contrary, he recommended that I perm the ends of my hair. 

Even though it is pricy to have a haircut at Kizuki + Lim, a senior stylist service goes for $100, you will feel very satisfied with the results. Some salons pressure you to do hair treatments or hair products, and you walk out after with buyer's remorse. But I walked out Kizuki + Lim feeling happy, and that I was not "cheated" out of my money. Since MG recommended me to this salon, I received 10% off my bill. If I am not wrong, all first time customer received discount off their bill.





















After.
My hair looks polished simply by his expert blow-drying techniques. No hair curlers or hair straightener was used in this process.





No comments:

Post a Comment