Friday 4 December 2015

All about Under Eyes Concealer

Under Eyes Concealer

 
~AG~

Ever since Secondary School, I have been plagued with dark circles. It has been over 10 years since my search for the best under eyes concealer. My dark circles are exactly that of a Panda's. T_T
Some friends have commented on how severe my dark circles it. Though some articles mention that dark circles are caused by the lack of sleep. But from my personal experience, no matter how much restful sleep I get at night, I will still have dark circles. Thus, concealer is my long-term best friend. Over the years, I have tried quite a few highly-rated under eyes concealers. Right now, my #1 concealer is Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer. See below for my comparison of other under eyes concealers.




Bobbi Brown Corrector
THE GOOD: This salmon tone Corrector is meant to be worn under the yellow-based Bobbi Brown concealer. Though, I usually wear this Corrector on its own. It was designed specifically to cover severe dark circles. It covers my dark circles well.

THE BAD: This product can be too thick. The thickest under eyes concealer out of the rest on the list. It tends to cake up even when eye cream is applied beforehand.

Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer
THE GOOD: Provides high coverage, stays on well. You only need a little bit to fully cover your dark circles. Plus, it does not melt in Singapore's humid weather!

THE BAD: Super expensive! US$80 for this stick concealer. But it lasts for a long time, I have been using mine for almost two years, and still no signs of defeat. Though on some days, I wished it has a more salmon tone to neutralize my dark circles.
 
Benefit Erase Paste
THE GOOD: Value for money, US$26 for more than 6 months' worth. The texture of this concealer is very creamy. You only need a tiny bit to cover your dark circles.

THE BAD: Due to its creamy texture, it tends to melt in humid weather - even thought I set it with a loose powder. This is the creamiest under eyes concealer out of all on the list. It would work better for those with dry under eyes areas, or for people who live in drier climate.

Benefit Fake Up
THE GOOD: Nothing

THE BAD: Not much coverage and tends to crease in Singapore's humid weather. A gimmick product!
Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
THE GOOD: It has a salmon undertone to conceal dark circles, and brightens the under eyes area. Its creamy texture is great for those with dry under eyes area. But it is not as creamy as Benefit Erase Paste. It does not melt in humid conditions.

THE BAD: It does not provide enough coverage for very severe dark circles. Coverage not as high as Cle de Peau Beaute concealer, but better than other concealers on the list. It provides good enough coverage for an everyday concealer.

Laura Mercier Undercover Pot
THE GOOD: It comes with a Secret Concealer, a Secret Camouflage as well as Translucent Setting Powder. 3-in-1! With that being said, Secret Camouflage is more of a blemish concealer. It does not work well for dark circles. The Translucent Setting Powder is alright.

THE BAD: Expensive at US$34. Since I did not use the Secret Camouflage and Translucent Setting Powder as much, I rather buy Laura Mercier Secret Concealer which only cost US$25.  

No comments:

Post a Comment