Wednesday 30 December 2015

DRX Clinic Journey Part 7 (7 Months After)

~AG~

It has been about 7 months since I started the skincare regimen recommended by Dr. Tsu. During that time, I have switched out some of Derma-RX products. For example, I no longer use the Derma-RX Milk Cleanser, Foaming Cleanser and Hydrator. The reason why I switched out these products is because they are more affordable alternatives that work just as well or better than the Derma-RX product.  
8-Steps Skincare Routine
Here is my current skincare regimen (those in bold are Derma-RX products): 
1) Bioderma Sebium H20: use only at night to remove sunscreen and if any makeup
2) Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser: use day and night
3) Toner: apply with a cotton pad, use day and night
4) Comodone Formula: use day and night, apply only on T-zones
5) Blemish Formula: use day and night, apply only on pimples or areas with blackheads 
6) Max-C: use day and night, all over my face 
7) Laneige Water Bank Essence: use day and night, all over my face 
8) Acne Spot Lotion (ASL): only use when necessary on large, red pimples
9) Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30+: only in the morning

In addition to the skincare regimen above, I am also on oral medication, spironolactone. It has been about 5 months since I am on this medication, I do find that it does help with my breakouts. My current skincare regimen and the extra help of oral medication have significantly reduced my breakouts, especially the crazy pimples on my eyebrows and between my brows. 
I definitely trust Dr. Tsu for my skincare needs. I feel that he does not hard-sell the products or treatments provided at DRX Clinic. With that being said, I have to mention that his nurse/assistant does hard-sell to buy Derma-RX products and to sign up for facial treatments. There were a couple of times when she tried to pressure me to sign up for facial and laser treatments because of the supposed instant results. I, on the other hand, was unconvinced by her persistence. Overall, I do like Dr. Tsu and the service he has provided. He tailors the treatment according to the patient's preference. For example, my body did not react well to the antibiotic, so he took me off that medication. Another example: I told Dr.Tsu that I was unwilling to try Accutane, so he did not prescribe that treatment to me. For those suffering from resistant acne breakouts, I would recommend that you consult a dermatologist for long-term solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment