Wednesday 2 December 2015

REVIEW: Mediheal Collagen Impact Essential Mask

Cellulose Sheet Mask
~AG~

This Mediheal Collagen Impact Essential Mask was recommended to by one of my Korean friends. While browsing through Olive Young, she pointed out that this Mediheal collagen mask is popular in Korea. Previously, I have never heard of Mediheal sheet mask.

This cellulose sheet mask contains hydrolyzed collagen and hydrolyzed elastin. This mask claims to help with fatigued skin by adding moisture to dehydrated skin. It has a silky touch that provides intensive care for fine wrinkles, and delivers the efficiency of the high-concentrated essence. The instructions on the packaging recommends that it will be most effective when used consecutively 2-3 times a week for a month. Since I only bought two of these Mediheal Collagen sheet masks, I am unable to do that. 
Don't mind my sleep eyes.. Zzzz...


This cellulose sheet mask is thicker than My Beauty Diary, The Face Shop or innisfree sheet masks. It is generously soaked with essence. The mask was dripping with essence when I removed it from the enclosed packaging. The first thing that I noticed was that it did not have a plastic film, unlike My Beauty Diary sheet masks. So, I had to carefully unfold the mask. Since it is a cellulose sheet mask,  the resilience material makes it less likely to tear. Even without the function of the plastic film, I was able to unfold the mask without any issues such as accidentally ripping the mask. 

I would have to say that this sheet mask is a little too big for my face. There was excess of sheet mask on the sides of my face. Besides that, it thoroughly covered my face well - including my large forehead area. This sheet mask was left on for about 30 minutes. It stayed on very well. There was no need to position it back in place during that waiting time. Even after 30 minutes, the sheet mask still felt full with essence. 
The bottom of the mask is too big

Does not fit well on my cheeks

My skin felt cooler after the sheet mask application. It felt so relaxing to put on the sheet mask before bed. The essence felt sticky, and does not absorb that easily into the skin. It takes 15-20 minutes for the essence to be fully absorbed from the skin. My dehydrated skin felt replenished after mask application. It felt so well-moisturized, that the next day, I skipped my daytime moisturiser. My sensitive skin did not have any adverse reaction to this sheet mask - no redness, no bumps, no new pimples. Yay! 

I cannot remember how much I bought this Mediheal Collagen Mask for in Korea. It should be less than US$1.50 (~S$2) for a piece of this mask. They are available at Olive Young, which is a beauty/personal care store with multiple locations in Korea. With that being said, I will totally recommend this sheet mask to anybody who finds that their skin is dehydrated and/or tight. This affordable cellulose sheet mask works well to replenish moisturise back into the skin. On my next trip to Korea, I would definitely check out the other Mediheal masks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment