Saturday 20 February 2016

REVIEW: Ettusais Quick Fix Powder

Palm-sized powder compact
Cute pink and white packaging
~AG~
Bought this Ettusais Quick Fix Powder from Metro Paragon for S$28. It is rather pricey for a setting powder, but was in need of a good quality powder to keep my creamy concealer in place. This is my first Ettusais purchase in a long time. The last time I bought a product from Ettusais was in Secondary School, which was many years ago. The reason why I decided to try Ettusais powder is because of the good experience I had using one of Ettusais's powders during Bloom by Roseanne Trial Makeup Class. When I applied the Ettusais's loose powder, which is either the BB Mineral Powder or Premium CC Loose Powder, the texture was soft and nice. The powders were finely milled and did not leave my face looking cakey at all. The main reason that I did not purchase Ettusais BB Mineral Powder or Premium CC Loose Powder instead was due to the packaging. Loose powder packaging can be bulky to travel with, plus they tend to get messy during the application. With my past track record of leaving loose powder unused, I decided to go for a compact powder instead.
Naturally colored powder
Comes with a fluffy puff
The Smooth Fit Coat that covers each powder particle helps powders fit onto skin beautifully so your make-up won’t look cakey after touching up. The Shine Prevention Powder also prevents shine from showing too quickly and helps for a longer lasting finish. Contains SPF 10 PA ++. Ettusasis Quick Fix Powder is a colorless powder that sets makeup. Ettusais claims that the powder can even out skin texture and tone, without looking cakey. Furthermore, Ettusais's skin roughness preventing mineral powder claims to show beautiful, natural skin. 

After using Ettusais Quick Fix Powder for a week, I can safely say that this setting powder does not trigger any adverse reactions on my sensitive skin - no bumps or new breakouts were noticed during this time. The powder is very finely milled and feels natural on the skin. Yes, your face would not look cakey after applying it. Even though it is a setting powder, you have to generously apply the powder to notice its mattifying effect. The first few times I used this Ettusais Quick Fix Powder, I did not apply enough product to achieve the ideal matte look. After a few more tries,  and I finally found the magic formula and I was pleasantly surprised with the lasting power. When I checked my face at around 3pm (4 hours after application), my skin was still matte. *thumbs up* FYI, my T-zones tend to get oily after 2-3 hours.

Since it has little or no coverage, this powder will not do for those that prefers more coverage. In my case, Ettusais Quick Fix Powder's sole purpose was to keep my creamy under eye concealer in place, but it was able to perform its duties. With that being said, I will definitely try the other powder selections from Ettusais, as the powders are very soft and natural, and would not repurchase Ettusais Quick Fix Powder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment