Tuesday 4 March 2014

Dermatologist Journey Part III


~AG~

When I visited the dermatologist, Dr. Joyce Lim, she said that my skin condition has improved. But she noticed some brown scarring marks on my chin and side of my nose areas. So she prescribed me a pigment fader. She also prescribed me a Vitamin Essence to replace my Vitamin C Serum. I forgot to ask her what the difference was.  

I also mentioned to her that my cheeks area would have some adverse reaction the day after I use the retin-A. Initially, I had applied Retin-A cream every other night to the whole face. But my cheeks area started having red bumps, so then I switched to only applying it on my T-zones areas. When I told her about it, she mentioned that my cheeks area might be too sensitive for retinol (0.05%). So she said I can dilute the retinol strength by mixing it with the recovery cream. She directed me to do it every other night for all over my face, to do that for a week. Then, to apply it every night after allowing my skin acclimates to it.

Dr. Joyce Lim mentioned how using Retin-A cream causes “Retin-A Glow”. Since retinol cause more blood flow to the surface of the skin, it causes the skin to be flushed. She mentioned that it is triggered especially by heat, the sun and stress. It is true. Whenever I get hot, my cheeks areas tend to get redder. A few people have commented on how red my cheeks can get when the climate gets hot. So I try to stay away from the sun. I still have not started using sunscreen again.

MORNING:
Vitamin C Serum
Antioxidant Moisturizing Lotion
Skin Fader Cream
Dalacin

NIGHT:
Vitamin C Serum
Antioxidant Moisutring Lotion
Skin Fader Cream
Recovery Cream + Retin-A (2 parts recovery cream + 1 part Retin-A)
Dalacin

What I can say about the Skin Fader Cream. I cannot notice any difference of the fading of my scars. I will have to use it for a longer time to comment on its effectiveness.

For the recovery cream, it has a thicker texture compared to the Antioxidant Moisturizing Lotion. Sometimes, I feel it is too thick for my skin. So instead of putting 2 parts recovery cream, I only put 1 part of it. My cheeks area does not pop up with red bumps anymore.  However, I cannot say on the effectives of Retin-A. It is supposed to be a miracle acne treatment but I have yet to experience that.


No comments:

Post a Comment