Tuesday 18 March 2014

NEW BUY: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation


HEALTHY MIX SERUM FOUNDATION

16 HOUR RADIANCE BOOSTER*
EVEN & REVIVED COMPLEXION

Give your skin a radiance boost with Bourjois’ Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation – made from a vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula for an even complexion and an instant anti-fatigue result!
Its fresh and instant blending gel texture blends and glides onto the skin for an even, natural finish with no mask effect. Imperfections are erased, signs of fatigue are smoothed and the skin’s radiance is boosted for up to 16 hours*.
Made from an instant anti-fatigue vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula with litchi, goji berries and pomegranates.
Available in 6 radiance-boosting shades.

Tested for you:
69% more radiance after 4 weeks of use!**

And…it’s good for my skin!
· Hypoallergenic, lets skin breathe
· Dermatologically tested
Tested for you** :
• Complexion is perfectly even => 97% agreed
• Skin looks rested => 94% agreed
• The complexion is radiant => 89% agreed
• The product feels light feel on the skin => 91% agreed

~AG~
While walking by the mall last weekend, I saw that Bourjois was having 20% at my local department store. I walked past the place twice then finally decided to stop and take a look at their selections. Since I had a wedding that weekend and did not have much complexion makeup products apart from Missha BB cream and some concealers. I have been having some redness on my cheeks due to the Retin-A cream. So, I wanted a foundation to lessen the Retin-A glow. I've heard about Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation before and have always wanted to try it. However, as it is usually sold at drugstore, it is rather difficult to find a good match for my skin tone. I tried the Healthy Mix Foundation first but the saleslady told me that the Healthy Mix Serum Foundation has less coverage, which to me meant being more lightweight on the skin. I decided to go ahead and tried the Healthy Mix Serum Foundation instead of the Healthy Mix Foundation. I asked her what shade I was and she selected 51 (Vanille Clair), which was the lightest shade on display. I tried the shade on my back of my hand, and it was okay. But I have never been of the lightest shade, so I told her that I rather go with the next darker shade which was 52 (Vanille). I was a little hesitant to buy ut at first because it was not a proper makeup counter where I could try the foundation on my face. It was one of those pop-up sale stand. Anyway, I decided to go ahead and try it. The foundation costs me S$27 (US$21), I don't know how much it usually retails for. 



I was worried that the foundation will be too light or too dark on my skin. And whether it would accentuate my dry patches - because I had some flakiness around my chin area.

When I tested the shade, I did not use a foundation brush or makeup sponge, I simply used my fingers to blend the foundation onto my skin. Surprisingly, the foundation blended very easily into my skin, like a tinted moisturiser/BB cream texture. It was very light-weight, and I did not feel anything on my skin. Plus, the shade matched perfectly to my skin. I was very happy with it!

Fast forward to the wedding. My friend, who has a very good complexion, asked me what foundation I was using. She said my foundation coverage looked good. That made me like the product even more.

I will have to use the product a couple more times to give an in-depth review. But so far, I am loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment