Monday 31 March 2014

Dermatologist Journey Part IV

~AG~
I stopped using Retinol for over two weeks because my skin was flaking very badly, especially around the chin and mouth area. It was pretty severe and it made me self-conscious. So for about a week, all I used was the desonide cream and the repair cream. After the dry patches were gone, I decided not to go back to using the retinol because I was going on a beach vacation. Since retinol makes my skin very susceptible to sun and the heat. 

I noticed there are tiny red bumps on my cheeks whenever I wake up in the morning. I'm not sure what is the cause of it. But I believe those small bumps are more an adverse reaction than pimples. It is usually minimised after an application of the desonide cream. But it is irritating to find those obvious spots on my cheeks. Some days I find that it is really bad, and makes my skin uneven. I will bring it up to Dr. Joyce for my follow up appointment.

The pigment fader which was a new product on my regimen was for my acne scars. When I first started using it, I did not notice any difference. But now, after about a month, it does help with my brown acne spots. But the effect is not very obvious. 

The repair cream I find can be too rich sometimes. So instead of mixing two parts of it to one part of retinol, I mix one part retinol and one part repair cream. I also avoid my cheeks area when applying the repair cream. 

It's been two months since I started using Dr. Joyce products and followed her regimen. The result is somehow not what I had hoped. I have seen my skin at its better condition. Yes, my whiteheads acne have been reduced in size and severity. But my troubled cheek area is still as sensitive and has constant red bumps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment