Wednesday 5 March 2014

REVIEW: Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid


~AG~

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid (USD$48) comes in only one shade  Sunkissed. The shade is a warm golden bronze. I bought it at a Chanel's beauty event at Macy's on September 2012. 




Yes, it has been a while since I've had this product. I used it quite frequently when I first bought it. But ever since I moved to Singapore in November 2012, I did not touch the product. That being because Singapore has a humid climate and I was afraid that this illuminating fluid will make my skin too shiny. Plus, my skin became ultra sensitive ever since I came back to Singapore. I was nervous of putting it on my cheeks area where I am most prone to redness and adverse reaction. I was searching for a highlighter that is not shimmery or too bronzed. This has light-reflective pigments that gives your skin a nice healthy glow. The illuminating pigments are not too shimmery for everyday use.




The texture of the product is like a liquid foundation, so I apply it to my cheekbones and bridge of my nose using a foundation brush. It blends easily into my skin and sets rather quickly (~5 seconds). This product stays on all day, and does not cause my face to look oily. It has become a great addition to my makeup routine because it brightens my whole face.


Nowadays, I seldom use blush because I find it too pink for my "Retin-A glow" skin. So I use this as a blush, applying it on the apple of my cheeks and then use NARS Laguna bronzer on the hollows of my cheekbones.  

My skin is rather sensitive to cream blush or tints so I was afraid this would cause breakouts. But after using it for over a week, my skin has not had any adverse reactions.

The only thing I don’t like about this product is the packaging. Since it comes in a glass jar with a twist cap, it would be a difficult product to travel with. I would have preferred it if the product came with a pump.

I will definitely recommend this product. It can be used both as a bronzer and highlighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment