Sunday 11 September 2016

REVIEW: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Chopper


~AG~

Always been a big fan of Urban Decay's eyeshadow. The textures of UD eyeshadows are ultra smooth. The pigmentation is great, and the eyeshadow is long-lasting. Having own Naked Eyeshadow Palette, Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette and the Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette, I felt that I could not go wrong with any Urban Decay eyeshadow. Chopper is a shimmery copper tone. This eyeshadow was initially for my mother, she wanted a neutral everyday eyeshadow. When I first swatched it in store, the color was nice. My mother tend to lean towards brown tones so I thought this eyeshadow would be suitable for her. It would be a nice shade to brighten the eyes area. This UD single eyeshadow retails at Shilla Duty Free Changi Aiport for S$24.20. That is a steep price for a single eyeshadow. However, I thought the quality of Urban Decay warrants that price. 


So what did I think about Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Chopper?
My mother returned the eyeshadow to me as she said it was too shimmery. I was puzzled with her feedback because I have never found Urban Decay eyeshadows overly shimmery. Decided to try this eyeshadow for myself. Chopper is a nice cooper shade. It is not too orange or too brown for my medium skin tone. However, when I applied the eyeshadow with my ring fingers, I noticed fallouts to my lower eyes area. Furthermore, the shimmers are not as fine as other UD eyeshadows. The shimmer bits were rather visible. Towards the end of the day, the shimmers transferred to my lower eyelids and irritated my eyes. So so disappointed with this Urban Decay eyeshadow. Chopper is a black sheep of the Urban Decay eyeshadow lineup. They have screwed up with the production of this eyeshadow. *thumbs down*

No comments:

Post a Comment