Monday 5 January 2015

MG Skincare Products

~MG~

MG's Skincare Regimen. 
My skin type is oily with some dry areas such as the cheeks. 
The focus of my skincare regimen is the moisturising and brightening of the overall skin tone.  
The skincare regimen below takes about 30 minutes.

Step 1: HADA LABO Tamagohada AHA/BHA Face Wash
I use it day and night. It is an exfoliating face wash but it does not have micro-beads. It is a cream texture, so you need to use water to foam it up well. 


Step 2: INNISFREE 1 Minute Lip Scrub
I use it once every other night. Putting a small amount and scrubbing it on semi-wet lips. The instruction says to wipe it off, but I usually rinse it off. My lips feel smoother after application. On special occasions, I use it in the daytime prior to application of coloured lip products. 



Step 3: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
I massage a small amount on my face, day and night. 


Step 4: THE FACE SHOP Argan Oil Mist
I spray it on twice a day, and pat it to dry. This spray preps my skin for the moisturization step. 
 


Step 5: KIEHL'S Creamy Eye Treatement with Avocado
I use it day and night, using half a pea size amount. I just pat it on till it is absorbed by my skin. It keeps my under eye moisturised. Especially when I use concealer, it is a must to use this product. it makes my fine lines less noticeable, and makes my under eye area more natural even with the concealer on. 

Step 6: Dermatologist's prescriptionNiaclin Gel on acne spots (for morning)
Dermatologist's prescription - Benza Gel on acne spots(for night)
*not pictured*

Step 7: DIOR Diorsnow D-NA Reverse White Reveal Night Concentrate (for night)
This serum is rather thick and has a slightly sticky texture. It takes a while for it to be absorbed by the skin. I let it dry for about 5 minutes before continuing onto the next step. 



Step 8: LANEIGE Water Bank Gel Cream
This gel cream smells "clean". The texture is just nice, it is neither too thick nor is it too light. Sometimes, with gel moisturiser, my skin still feels tight & dry. For cream moisturiser, I find it too thick for the humid climate especially for daytime. Plus, day cream is more difficult to apply because of its "hardened" consistency. For moisturiser, I prefer to use the same product for day and night. 




Step 9: INNISFREE Eco Safety Aqua Perfect Sun Gel SPF 50+ (for morning)
This sunscreen is thick even though it is gel type. It can feel sticky on my face after application, but after 5-10 minutes, I do not feel it on my skin. It does not leave a white cast on my face. It does not break you out. 


Step 10: TARTE Pure Maracuja Oil (for night).
Very good! Very good! Very good! Score: 5/5
At first, I was skeptical about this product, because using a face oil on an oily & acne-prone skin seems too much. This face oil is very moisturising. Even though my skin looks oily and shiny after application, but this face oil makes my skin feel comfortable especially when I am sleeping in an air-conditioned room. The initial purpose of purchasing this face oil was for its brightening properties. Though now, I enjoy the moisturising feeling that it gives. It does not smell pleasant, like a typical oil smell. This face oil still works well in Singapore hot & humid climate. I have nothing but praise for it!




Step 11: ELIZABETH ARDEN Eight Hour Cream (for night)
It is a multipurpose cream that has a thick texture. It can be used on your eyebrows, lips, collar bones, legs, for windburn, for my hands and eczema on my neck. For my daily routine, I use it as a night lip balm. It is very moisturising and protect my lips when in air-conditioned room. One thing to note, you cannot apply too much on your lips because of its thick texture and it might get to your teeth. The fragrance free version is better because of the scent. The original one has an unpleasant scent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment