Sunday 4 January 2015

REVIEW: CLIO Professional Twist Up Waterproof Brow Mascara





~AG~

This CLIO Professional Twist Up Waterproof Brow Mascara is a replacement of my old-time favourite Benefit Cosmetics Speed Brow (older version). I bought while I was in Korea last April. 
In terms of pricing, I cannot remember exactly, but I recall it being cheaper than Speed Brow. Twist Up Brow Mascara should costs US$12-15 in Korea.

With that being said, both eyebrow gel/mascara does not harden and leave a residue upon application. Previously, I have tried a L'orĂ©al brow mascara that left an unsightly residue on the brows when it has dried up. Below, I have compared the differences between the two eyebrow mascaras.

Differences between CLIO Professional Twist Up Waterproof Brow Mascara and Benefit Cosmetics Speed Brow (older version):
  1. In terms of packaging, CLIO Twist Up is longer and wider than Benefit Speed Brow. For travel convenience, Benefit Speed Brow packaging takes up less space and is more handy to have in your travel makeup bag.


  2. The CLIO Twist Up brush is wider than Benefit Speed Brow.


  3. CLIO Twist Up is a tinted eyebrow mascara mascara while Benefit Speed Brow is a non-tinted eyebrow mascara. Thus CLIO Twist Up adds colour to your eyebrows while Benefit Speed Brow is essentially colourless. 

  4. CLIO Twist Up thickens my eyebrow while Benefit Speed Brow just keep my eyebrows in place. On some days when I am not careful and apply too generously, I will end up having overly thick eyebrows.  

  5. For fuss-free everyday use, I will recommend Benefit Speed Brow. The tinted colour of CLIO Twist Up requires a more careful application compared to Benefit Speed Brow.



No comments:

Post a Comment