Sunday 25 January 2015

REVIEW : The Face Shop Essential Mask Sheet Hyaluronic Acid



 
 
~AG~ 
 
Last night, my skin was feeling tight and dry. The winter weather in China caused my skin to be drier than usual. In addition, the five hours flight back to Singapore took a toll on my face. My skin was in need of emergency rescue. I was looking over my sheet masks collection and saw this The Face Shop Essential Mask Sheet Hyaluronic Acid. Since my skin was feeling especially parched, I decided to try this mask since hyaluronic acid is known as a moisturizing ingredient.  
 
First thing I noticed when I took the sheet mask from its packaging is that it does not have a peel-off packaging for the mask, unlike My Beauty Diary Sheet Mask. Instead, you have to unfold the mask carefully. The Face Shop sheet mask is thicker compared to My Beauty Diary sheet masks. It does not tear off easily. Secondly, the mask was heavy with artificial fragrant scent. I did not enjoy the overwhelming fragrances. Thirdly, the mask did not fit my face is well. The lower part of the mask was too big for my face. See picture above. Fourthly, the residue left my skin feeling sticky. I did not like how it felt on my skin, and had to wipe it down with tissue. Do note that the sheet mask was generous with essence as essence kept dripping down while I had it on. 
 
Regarding whether it works for sensitive skin. The next morning after I had used it, no bumps or adverse reaction appeared on my skin. I cannot remember how much I had purchased it for. I bought it while in Korea. It probably costs US$2-3. 
 
Overall, I would not recommend The Face Shop Hyaluronic Acid Sheet Mask. I much prefer My Beauty Diary Q10 or Natto Sheet Mask for hydration as it fits my face much better and the residue essence is not as sticky.  

No comments:

Post a Comment