Monday 12 January 2015

NEW BUY: Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact


 
 


 
~AG~
 
My Guerlain Meteorites Compact Powder (See: Guerlain Meteorites Compact Powder Review) broke to pieces a few weeks ago. I was so sad because I barely used it. I put what remained of it into my Shu Uemura Colorless Face Powder packaging. Below are pictures of my broken Guerlain Meteorites Powder.
 
 

 
Anyway, it was time for me to look a more trusty compact powder. Chanel Double Perfection Lumiere Long Wear Flawless Sunscreen Powder was the first choice that came to my mind. I had used it a few years ago while studying in the States. It was a great compact powder but I did not re-purchase it because of the expensive price tag. Another reason was because I stopped using face powder for a while. So, last week when I was flying off from Changi Airport, I took a look around Shilla Duty Free for the Chanel Double Perfection Powder. Unfortunately, the Chanel counter has not opened, it was still under renovation. I noticed the Giorgio Armani section and was instantly attracted to it. I have heard great things about Giorgio Armani foundations, so I decided to check it out. After wandering the duty free shop for other compact powder choices, I ended up going with Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact. When I tested it on my skin, it had a nice texture and it did not feel too powdery. Plus, the shade (# 4) matched my skin perfectly.
 
The only downside is that the actual compact comes in two components. You have to buy the compact packaging ($52) and the powder (S$26) separately, which adds up to the total bill of $78. But it is also more environment-friendly and convenient because all you need to do is purchase the refill and replace it. It will be cheaper with subsequent use as you only need to purchase the S$26 refill powder. 
 
I will let you all know how well the powder works for me. I prefer compact powder that gives a light coverage and leave my skin looking matte, without being too powdery. I hope this Giorgio Armani compact powder live up to its expensive price tag.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment