Tuesday 14 July 2015

DRX Clinic Journey Part 3: Follow-Up Visit

~AG~

It has been 7 weeks since I started the DRX skincare regimen. Initially, my skin condition improved. But then it plateaued, and pimples started appearing again. The annoying thing is, I still had pimples growing on my eyebrows. Do note that I do not use any eyebrow makeup, so I do not know why pimples are popping up around my eyebrows. Dr. Tsu said my hair follicles were being overactive due to the hormonal stress, and thus it became clogged up.


Bare face without any face makeup. Just DRX skincare products
Pimples on my T-zone area especially between the brows and the chin

Some visible pores on  my cheeks area

You can see pimples on my eyebrow and chin areas

A few days ago during my follow-up visit with Dr. Tsu, I mentioned that my skin has not improved. He asked whether I wanted to take oral medications which we had discussed on the first visit. He mentioned how each medication works, and their possible side effects. Since he said my pimples are due to hormones, he prescribed a hormone-blocking medication to prevent pimples from forming. I was hesitant when he mentioned "hormone-blocking" because it sounds like it could have dangerous side effects. But he reassured me that this hormone-blocking medication is safe, and that it prevents the effects of the stress hormones. He also prescribed an antibiotic to treat the bacteria on the skin layers. He said that both these combinations should work to reduce my acne outbreak. He prescribed the medications for 45 days, and told me to come back to see him in 6 weeks.

I really hope the medications will help clear out my breakouts. I am really self-conscious about my skin now. I used to have decent skin, but now it has become problematic. Wish me the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment