Friday 17 July 2015

REVIEW: Hera CC Cream

~AG~

This is MG's most raved about product. Now it is my turn to give my take on this award-winning CC Cream from Hera. Bought this CC Cream during my trip to South Korea last month. This was one of the top items on my must-buy shopping list.

According to the packaging, "Multicream, with an evolved and innovative skincare texture, merges skin-friendly cell biotechnology for complete coverage of blemishes and create a firmer and younger skin." Their clinical trial test claims that the use of Hera CC Cream will improve moisture content by 13.3% and skin tone brightening by 17.3%. It also claims to that the makeup will lasts for 8 hours. 


Pump packaging with a protective cap


Bought this CC Cream from Lotte Duty Free for KRW 31,000 (S$38,000). It is expensive for a CC Cream compared to other brands such as The Face Shop, Nature Republic or Innisfree ! Hera is considered an high-end Korean cosmetics brand so you pay more for their products.

The CC Cream has a light coverage. It feels like a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation. For those with blemishes and redness, Hera CC Cream provides little coverage. You will need a concealer to cover up more problematic areas such as dark circles or pimples. The CC Cream does not feel heavy on my skin. The light texture still allows my skin to breathe. It also does not feel sticky or leave an oily residue. The best thing is that the shade matches my skin tone. It does not cause my face to have a grey or white effect. It evens the skin tone with masking the face. The shade I chose was True Beige (23), and it looks natural on my skin. Hera CC Cream is available in three shades: Pink Beige (17), Natural Beige (21) and True Beige (23). 
 It brightens and evens out my skin tone but still looks natural

There is no unflattering white or grey cast

 You can still see my blemishes

The only bad thing about this CC Cream is that it will melt if you are perspiring. During one of my experiences with Hera CC Cream, the makeup smudged badly around my eyes area when I was wearing sunglasses. It was embarrassing! I even used Giorgio Armani powder to set the makeup after the application of the CC Cream. So Hera claims that the makeup will lasts for 8 hours is not valid to me. 

However, I have resolved that issue. Hera CC Cream staying power is extended when you pair it with a face primer. I had no issues with the makeup melting or smudging off when I used Benefit POREfessional with Hera CC Cream. Bottom line is, if you live in a humid climate or during the summer, you have to use a primer before applying Hera CC Cream.

After several uses, Hera CC Cream did not have any adverse effects on my combination sensitive skin. It did not cause my skin to breakout nor did it cause any bumps on my cheeks area.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, glad to see your review! i'm considering to buy his CC cream in #23 True Beige since i already had the older version in #2 Natural Beige, but it was a tad loo light for me in my opinion. Which MAC Shade do you think will be the same with this Hera CC cream you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @natzkawaii

      Hello,

      I use Hera CC Cream in #23 (True Beige). For shade reference, I am Bourjois Shade 52 (Vanille), MAC NC 30-35, Bobbi Brown Beige (3) and Chanel Beige (10).

      Hope this helps you! Let me know if you have any other questions.

      Delete
  2. Hi, first of all i see you make a good review of this product :)
    I just made an English subtitles for the CF of HERA CC Cream

    I hope this helps making your reviews even better, if you don’t mind ^^
    English SUBBED CF

    ReplyDelete