Friday 18 October 2013

REVIEW: Face Shop Face It Extreme Bold Pen Liner


  


 
~AG~


I bought the Face Shop Face It Extreme Bold Pen Liner about a year ago. I was walking through the Face Shop store at L.A. K-town when I saw this eyeliner. What attracted me most to this eyeliner was the fact that it has a hard felt-tip. Before that, the felt-tip eyeliners that I tried were usually softer like an eyeliner brush (such as 24K palette) instead of hard like a marker. Plus, when I asked the saleslady about this eyeliner, she said that it was waterproof. 




  • The hard, fine tip creates the thinnest liner close to the lash line
  • Easy to use - great for everyday use
  • Can be drawn over to create a more dramatic look



When I first tried using this eyeliner, I found that its staying power was horrible. What turned me off was when I put this eyeliner on one morning, and when I drove to my friend's place which was about an hour away, the eyeliner had already smudged to my lower eyelids. In addition, this happened during the Winter season in Southern California. I tried the eyeliner again a couple of times after that, but still found its staying power lacking. So I hid away under all my makeup collection. 

About six months later, when I had moved back to Singapore, I decided to try this eyeliner again. To see how it will fare in the hot and humid weather. I expected it to be worst. Since the humidity might cause the eyeliner to smudge more easily than the dry and cool weather of Southern California's winter. But I was wrong, the eyeliner stayed on better than before. It still smudged to my lower eyelids at the end the day, but its staying power was improved. I don't know why the eyeliner stays on better when I tried in Singapore versus when I tried in the States. 

From initially being a complete failure, this eyeliner has become one of my most favourite eyeliners. I use it almost everyday, and rely on it for special occasions. 

  • Pigment does not wear off throughout the day
  • Rather pigmented
  • Dries rather quickly - less than 10 seconds
  • Smudged slightly to my lower lids, even with Urban Decay Primer Potion and/or eyeshadow
  • Lasts for 4 hours before it smudges 
  • Expensive USD$22

No comments:

Post a Comment