Sunday 13 October 2013

REVIEW: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream


 








  The FAB Antioxidant Booster defends skin from free radical damage and the cream deeply hydrates with exceptional penetration, providing immediate relief and visible improvement for distressed face









~MG~


I bought the 'FAB Ultra Repair Cream', hoping that it will be a good moisturizer for the fall and winter seasons since it claims to be a thick and rich cream.
FAB claims that this cream is "for anyone with severely dry, scaly skin due to the harsh winter weather, aggressive cosmetic treatments or any of the following conditions: psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, irritant eczema, allergic eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, keratosis pilaris."
After using this cream for 3 weeks, all I can say is that this product is not bad but also not great or even good, just average. I use the cream as my night moisturizer because of its supposedly hydrating properties. However, when I wake up in the morning, I feel that my face is not as moisturized. I had expected my face to be very moisturized the next morning but no, my face is not in my ideal moisturized level. I have a combination oily skin type and this cream did not even moisturize my face that well so I am not so sure about its claim. In my opinion, this moisturizer will be good for oily skin's day moisturizer and maybe as night moisturizer too if your skin is really good since it is really lightweight and fairly hydrating.



A quick preview of its ingredients...
  • Colloidal Oatmeal as the skin protectant. It is the only FDA-approved, over-the-counter ingredient for eczema.
  • Allantoin and Eucalyptus Oil as the skin healer and soother. 
  • FAB Antioxidant Booster, who combat free radicals.
  • Ceramides, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Squalane and Shea Butter as the moisturizer and barrier of protection for the skin


What I like about this cream are...
  • Its lightweight texture. The cream will really absorb well into your skin. 
  • It has a very slight minty scent which I assume to be from the Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract because the cream is formulated without synthetic fragrances. 
  • It is also formulated without Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Dynes, Phthalates, GMOs and Triclosan which makes it safe for sensitive face.
  • I like how customers buying this cream can have the option of buying it either in a tube or a tub packaging. I bought the tube packaging which is actually its mini version, since it is much more hygienic. 
  • It is multipurpose, you can use it as a face cream, hand cream and all over the dry areas of your body. 
  • It does not cause my face to break out.


Unfortunately, I won't buy this product again because I find it to be not that moisturizing even though my skintype is oily combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment