Sunday 6 October 2013

REVIEW: Etude House Collagen Moistfull Cream







~AG~

An updated review of Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream. I did a preview review on this product in April. (see link for details http://beautybright.tumblr.com/post/49259293822/etude-house-collagen-moistfull-cream)

The Moistfull Collagen Cream is one of Women’s Weekly (Singapore) Best Beauty Buys 2013 Winner. That says something about how popular it is.

When I bought the Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream, the set came with a 20ml Moistfull Collagen First Essence. According to Etude House, it is ”Formulated with 90% of hydrolyzed Marine Collagen, this serum absorbs quickly into skin to provide instant hydrating and firming relief.”

I used a sample-sized version on a week-long trip and had good results. So, I decided to buy a full-size version since it was pretty good.


I received a sample of Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream during my haul in December. But only used it recently on my trip to Shanghai. The weather in Shanghai was cooler with the spring breeze in full speed. As a result, my skin became tight and dry. I used Moistfull Collagen Cream at night and my skin felt hydrated. It left my skin feeling soft & supple. Its moisturizing properties is wonderful.

The texture of the cream is lightweight, and almost gel-like. The cream absorbs almost instantly into the skin. Even though I used the cream at night, I believe that this product is suitable for daytime use as well. It does not leave any residue, does not feel sticky, or oily.
My skin has been very sensitive to skincare products recently. But this did not trigger any adverse reactions on my skin. (FYI, I used it for 5 days while on the trip).
I like this product so much and can’t wait to buy the full-sized version. I don’t know how much it retails for in Singapore but I will definitely add this to my skincare routine.

But fast forward to July, I don’t like this product as much. I’ve been using this cream for almost three months now. But two weeks ago, I start to notice red bumps on my cheeks. Not pimple or acne, but more like small bug bites. At first I thought it might be because of allergic reaction to something. So I tried removing each face product from my skin care regimen systematically to figure out the cause of it. The small red bumps on my face reduced greatly when I did not use the cream for several days.
Conclusion is, my skin developed adverse reaction to this cream, even though it was okay initially (for 2 months or so). I don’t know why my skin is developing such an adverse reaction now, but maybe it has something to do with the different chemical changes in the body?

No comments:

Post a Comment